Canon PIXMA Pro 6500 Drivers Download – There’s not much to say on the design front for the Canon PIXMA iX6500. The printer’s body is slightly plasticky and flimsy-feeling. You load paper through the top-loading cassette and it is fed out onto a front tray. That’s really about all there is — apart from a power switch and a paper feed/eject button, the PIXMA iX6500 is a blank slate. It’s a glossy black box that picks up fingerprints remarkably quickly.
It has no fancy colour screen (no screen at all, in fact) and no buttons for navigating through menus or changing functions on the printer itself. Similarly, there are no memory card slots or a USB host port for direct printing. Because of this, you’ll obviously need a desktop PC or laptop connected to control and print from the PIXMA iX6500.
The Canon PIXMA iX6500 has USB 2.0 connectivity but no Wi-Fi or Ethernet networking, which might vex anyone trying to set it up in an office to be shared by multiple computers. You can do this in a roundabout way by sharing the printer directly through the computer it is connected to, but this is an awkward and inferior solution — so if you absolutely need to share your printer between multiple computers the PIXMA iX6500 shouldn’t be at the top of your list.
Annoyingly for a $400 product the PIXMA iX6500 doesn’t have a USB 2.0 cable included, so you’ll need to hunt around to find one from your old printer or take a trip down to the store and shell out a few dollars more. We hooked the Canon PIXMA iX6500 up to our Apple MacBook Pro running both Windows and Mac OS X Lion using a USB 2.0 cable.
Compatibility Operating System
- Microsoft Windows XP (64 Bit / x64)
- Microsoft Windows XP (32 Bit / x86)
- Microsoft Windows Vista (64 Bit / x64)
- Microsoft Windows Vista (32 Bit / x86)
- Microsoft Windows 7 (64 Bit / x64)
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32 Bit / x86)
- Microsoft Windows 8 (64 Bit / x64)
- Microsoft Windows 8 (32 Bit / x86)
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64 Bit / x64)
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32 Bit / x86)
- Microsoft Windows 10 (32 Bit / x86)
- Microsoft Windows 10 (64 Bit / x64)
- Linux Operating System (Debian / RPM)
- Mac Operating System
How Do I Install a Canon Printer Without a CD?
- STEP 1: Open the Internet browser on the computer and navigate to "www.canonsetup.com"
- STEP 2: Select "Categories" from the top side of the website, then select your own printer series.
- STEP 4: From the "Drivers & Software" scroll-bar, select the operating system running on the computer, then select the "Download" link. The driver downloads directly to the computer.
- STEP 5: Double-click the downloaded file, then follow the installation prompts to setup the driver on the system. Once completed, the Canon printer is ready for use on your computer.