Canon i9950 Printer Drivers Download – If you need to print pages bigger than A4, the price of a suitable ink-jet printer climbs sharply. The economies of scale don’t apply in the same way on these machines and this Canon i9950, intended for semi-pro photographers or well-heeled home customers, comes in at well over three times the price of an equivalent A4 printer.
The design of the i9950 is all about curves. The wide carriage is housed in a semi-circular case, with complex paper feed and paper output trays to hold paper on the way in and out. The output tray is a four-element, telescopic assembly, which can be moved vertically upwards to enable a CD carrier to be positioned under the print head. The printer can cope with specially coated CD blanks and paper from 15 x 10cm, through A4 to A3+, which enables a full-bleed A3 page.
There are only two control buttons on the i9950, for power and paper feed, but there’s also a PictBridge socket, so you can use the printer with a compatible camera, without the need for a PC connection. At the back are USB 2.0 and Firewire sockets, though the Firewire connection can only be used with Canon’s Mac drivers, which is a shame.
Compatibility Operating System
- Microsoft Windows XP (64 Bit / x64)
- Microsoft Windows XP (32 Bit / x86)
- Microsoft Windows Vista (64 Bit / x64)
- Microsoft Windows Vista (32 Bit / x86)
- Microsoft Windows 7 (64 Bit / x64)
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32 Bit / x86)
- Microsoft Windows 8 (64 Bit / x64)
- Microsoft Windows 8 (32 Bit / x86)
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64 Bit / x64)
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32 Bit / x86)
- Microsoft Windows 10 (32 Bit / x86)
- Microsoft Windows 10 (64 Bit / x64)
- Linux Operating System (Debian / RPM)
- Mac Operating System
How Do I Install a Canon Printer Without a CD?
- STEP 1: Open the Internet browser on the computer and navigate to "www.canonsetup.com"
- STEP 2: Select "Categories" from the top side of the website, then select your own printer series.
- STEP 4: From the "Drivers & Software" scroll-bar, select the operating system running on the computer, then select the "Download" link. The driver downloads directly to the computer.
- STEP 5: Double-click the downloaded file, then follow the installation prompts to setup the driver on the system. Once completed, the Canon printer is ready for use on your computer.